Open to any Oklahoma homeschooled student between ages 10 and 18. Home-educated seniors who have not turned 19 before September 1, 2018, are eligible to participate.
Student entrepreneurs will receive entry into the convention as part of their entry fee. Each business may include an additional two workers as part of their entry fee. Each entrepreneur table will receive a total of three nontransferable badges and wrist bands for entry into the convention (one for the owner and one for each of two workers). Additional workers must register for the convention at www.ochec.com. This entry fee does not include parents. Parents MUST register through normal OCHEC registration procedures at www.ochec.com .
- For the Oklahoma Homeschool Convention, entrepreneur tables can be set up between 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 3, or between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m. on Friday, May 4. All entries are to be delivered to the Cox Convention Center through the southwest overhead doors on Reno. All tables must be cleared by 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 5.
- Do NOT leave any valuable items unattended at any time at your table. OCHEC cannot guarantee the security of any items left unattended.
- Each application will be reviewed by the OCHEC convention committee before approvals are issued. The sooner you submit your application, the sooner you will receive word of approval to participate. Until you receive confirmation, a table is not guaranteed.
- Homeschool Student Entrepreneur businesses must be owned, managed, and operated by homeschool students only.
- Homeschool Student Entrepreneur businesses may not receive subsidies other than transportation from parents or others.
- Entrepreneurs may decide how long their tables are open and staffed during the convention. However, OCHEC would like to have the tables open as long as possible.
- Due to space limitations, only two students and a parent may work at a table at any given time. Entrepreneurs are welcome to set up work shifts for additional workers. (Remember, only three badges and wrist bands will be issued per table.) Additional workers and parents must register through regular channels.
- We cannot allow food to be sold this year unfortunantly.
- Please be very respectful of the space of businesses located next to you.
- All student businesses should exist in agreement with OCHEC’s Statement of Faith. Businesses should honor the talent that God has bestowed upon their owners.
- OCHEC is not responsible for loss or damage from whatever cause.
- OCHEC reserves the right to not accept entries that we feel do not meet Godly business criteria
- OCHEC reserves the right to amend rules as circumstances dictate.
- Thursday, May 3 at 6:30 we will host a short Jr. Entrepreneur class 101. The meeting will be held in one of the seminar rooms. We will discuss booth etiquette and provide some savvy business tips. We would appreciate everyone’s attendance. First time vendors are strongly encouraged not to miss this class! Parents and siblings are welcome.
Registration for Entrepreneur Expo 2018 is closed.