Open to any Oklahoma homeschooled student between ages five and 18. Home-educated seniors who have not turned 19 before September 1, 2017, are eligible to participate.
All contest entries must be the original creative expression of the artist alone. Work may not be photocopied or traced.
- Contestants will receive entry into the convention as part of their entry fee
- This does not include admission for parents. Parents need to register through normal OCHEC registration procedures at www.ochec.com
- Registration forms and fees must be submitted no later than Monday, April 30th. Entry forms will not be accepted at the convention
- A maximum of 200 for the 2018 Oklahoma Homeschool Convention
- Registrations will be accepted in the order they are received
- One entry per category per student. May enter multiple categories
- For the Oklahoma Homeschool Convention in Oklahoma City, all entries should be delivered to the Cox Convention Center between 5:00pm and 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 3 or between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. on Friday, May 4. Entries must be picked up no later than 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 5 or they will be discarded
- We would prefer to have all art contest entries remain on the convention floor as long as possible for convention attendees to enjoy
- Each entry will receive a number and an identification card at delivery. These cards must be firmly attached to or as near the art as possible, in order to be visible for judging
- Each photo, drawing, and painting entered will be displayed on an easel (provided by OCHEC). Table tops will be provided for sculpture and craft entries only
- Fragile media must be adequately protected by the artist
- All art work must be easily moved by one person
- Drawings and paintings should be mounted (cardboard or mattes) in order for the artwork to be displayed without damage. Work may also be framed. Easels will be behind ropes in order to protect the art work, to the best of our ability
- Photos, paintings, and drawings should be of adequate size to be displayed and viewed easily. (8x10 or larger is recommended, but not required.)
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
- One photograph per entry.
- For the Oklahoma Homeschool Convention, all art work must be checked in and on display by 9:00 a.m. on Friday, May 4, in order to be judged
- Ribbons will be awarded for First through Third Place and for Peoples’ Choice
- Prizes will be awarded for First through Third Place and Peoples’ Choice
- All decisions of the judges are final
- Peoples’ Choice Awards will be selected by convention attendees for each age category
All contest entries should exist in agreement with OCHEC’s Statement of Faith. Entries should honor the talent that God has bestowed upon the artists.
- OCHEC is not responsible for loss or damage from whatever cause
- OCHEC reserves the right to not accept entries that we feel do not meet contest criteria
- OCHEC reserves the right to use reproduction of entered art work at its discretion
- OCHEC reserves the right to amend rules as circumstances dictate
Please contact Art and Photo Contest Coordinator, Brandi Rego at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Click Here to Register!