Open to any Oklahoma homeschooled student between ages five and eighteen.
Home-educated seniors who have not turned nineteen before September 1, 2012, are eligible to participate.
All contest entries must be the original creative expressions of the artist alone. Work may not be photocopied or traced.
- Contestants will receive entry into the convention as part of their entry fee and will receive a wristband to attend the convention.
- This does not include admission for parents. Parents must register through normal OCHEC registration procedures in order for students to enter the Art & Photo Contest.
- Registration forms and fees must be postmarked no later than April 15. Entry forms will not be accepted at the convention.
- Please make checks payable to OCHEC.
- Mail registration and checks, made payable to OCHEC, to Art & Photo 840 Post Oak Drive Blanchard, OK 73010
- A maximum of 150 art entries can be accepted for the 2013 Oklahoma Homeschool Convention in OKC.
- Registrations will be accepted in the order they are received.
Delivery & Pick-Up
- For the
Oklahoma Homeschool Convention in OKC, all entries should be delivered
and set up between noon and 6pm on Thursday, May 2nd, or
between 8–9am on Friday, May 3rd. All entries are to be
delivered to the Cox Convention Center through the northwest overhead
doors on Robinson. Entries must be picked up no later than 5:30pm on
Saturday, May 4th, or they will be discarded.
- We would
prefer to have all art contest entries remain on the convention floor as
long as possible for convention attendees to enjoy.
- Each entry
will receive a number and an identification card at delivery. These
cards must be firmly attached to, or as near to, the art as possible, in
order to be visible for judging.
Size & Presentation
- Each photo, drawing, and painting entered in the contest must be displayed on a floor easel. Easels will be provided.
- Table tops will be provided for sculpture and craft entries only.
- Fragile media must be adequately protected by the artist.
- All art work must be easily moved by one person.
- Drawings and paintings should be mounted (cardboard or mattes) in order for the artwork to be displayed without damage. Work may also be framed. Easels will be behind ropes in order to protect the art work, to the best of our ability.
- Photos, paintings, and drawings should be large enough to be displayed and viewed easily. (8"x10" or larger is recommended, but not required.)
Judging & Awards
- For the
Oklahoma Homeschool Convention, all art work must be checked in and on
display by 9am on Friday, May 3rd, in order to be judged.
- All entries will receive a participation award.
- Ribbons will be awarded for 1st through 5th Place and for People's Choice.
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st through 3rd Place and People's Choice.
- People's Choice Awards will be selected by convention attendees for each age category.
- All decisions of the judges are final.
entries should not violate the spirit of OCHEC’s Statement of Faith.
Entries should honor the talent that God has bestowed upon the artists.
- OCHEC is not responsible for loss or damage from any cause.
- OCHEC reserves the right not to accept entries that we feel do not meet contest criteria.
- OCHEC reserves the right to use reproductions of entered art work at its discretion.
- OCHEC reserves the right to amend rules as circumstances dictate.
- Please contact Art and Photo Contest Coordinator, Brandi Rego at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.